Re: board [was Re: OOXML [was Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07]]

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> I volunteered to take leadership on this position months ago.

We chose to have a Board member as liaison to the Legal team, which was very
clearly delegated the responsibility to provide legal support and advice to
the Foundation. This is the same model as other teams, but as the legal team
is new and doesn't have a well-defined leadership/sustainability model (as,
say, the release team does), it could do with a lot more shepherding. It was
only clear to us very recently that the current liaison was not doing this
effectively. The only reason it became clear to us is that our own goals
were not being met, not as a result of feedback from the legal team itself.

So, yes, I totally understand your position, but I think that falling back
on unsympathetic, dramatic criticism of the Board and ultimatums is not a
productive way of fixing the problem.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

      "Creative thinkers make many false starts, and continually waver
   between unmanageable fantasies and systematic attack." - Harry Hepner