Re: Call for invitations to be the host of GUADEC 2008

On 24 Mar 2007, at 14:56, Curtis Hovey wrote:
[...]
Reykjavik is the closest European city to North Americans. It has the
largest number of pubs/bars per capita. Lots of hot tubs. It produces
more than its fair share of musicians. Faries (magical folk) are
protected by law!

Brilliant idea! I just got back from Reykjavik and I did wonder what sort of GNOME community (if any) there was around. I'd love an excuse to go back again.

I think it is important for Europeans to have a GNOME conference each year though, so I don't think taking GUADEC out of europe would be a good thing. I don't know why we're so ashamed of the E in GUADEC. Perhaps we should re-emphasize that the E means "held in Europe". It certainly doesn't mean non-europeans can't attend and it certainly doesn't mean other continents can't hold their own GUADEC style conferences!

Regards,

Thomas