Re: GNOME annual report

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 15:07 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > it looks great, but I miss mentions to local movements, like the hackers
> > meetings at Chile and Holland (IIRC), the GUADEC-ES, the addition of
> > Mongolia to the GNOME map, etc.
> >
> > Not sure if you want to go to that level of detail, but it would be
> > great to also mention these local efforts.
>
> Here's the major problem we have:
> http://desdeamericaconamor.org/blog/free-software-and-its-writers
>
> I would love to have a set of reports coming back from community run
> events and organisations which I could collect into an annual - it would
> make my job much easier. But for the most part, I either don't know
> what's going on, or I know, but can't find any written accounts, and so
> I don't know what to write about :)

If there was no written report/account from the Foundation, why should
you expect that local groups had written them?

Probably if you would asked for written reports, you could get more than
one prepared on time.  The contact list is on the wiki:
http://live.gnome.org/UserGroups

To be clear, I don't want to criticize your report, which is a very good
point of start (even if it a was a big mail message :-).  But the
clarification of Rodrigo's concerns didn't make sense to me.

So, in the future, we as a local groups, have the task to write reports
in order to get included or referenced by the Foundation; in both
english and native language.

regards,

--
Germán Poó Caamaño