-----Original Message-----
From: foundation-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:foundation-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Rui Miguel Silva
Seabra
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 12:22 PM
To: Kevin Kubasik
Cc: foundation-list gnome org; rms gnu org; Miguel de Icaza
Subject: Re: Regarding OOXML and Microsoft patents

Hi,

It is my non-lawyer point of view that the Microsoft OSP is absolutely
irrelevant and that in the soon to be EU law may actually be a complete
red herring, since it may soon be the case that you don't have to be the
owner of patents to make the authorites do the enforcement.