Re: Regarding OOXML and Microsoft patents

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 07:09:29PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Here in Portugal, in the OOXML fake-standard debate, the position of
>     Free Softwar activists has been that it's impossible to fully implement,
>
> Yes.  The spec has 6000 pages, and that isn't even the complete spec,
> since it refers to other Microsoft specs which it has not given
> permission to implement.
>
> Early this year I saw a great short article explaining why it was not
> feasible for anyone but Microsoft to implement this spec.  But I did
> not save the reference.  Does anyone have it?

That reference you mention in particular I don't know, but there are many
references to parts that can't be coded. I'll try to forward you my
collection of arguments, counter-arguments and counter-counter-arguments
I'm preparing for the meeting next monday at the Portuguese national
body on standardization (which, BTW, is presided by Microsof *chuckle*).

Rui

--
Or is it?
Today is Setting Orange, the 49th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?