Re: Money spending, questions for the candidates

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 10:18 +0000, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> On 12/1/07, Dave Neary <bolsh gnome org> wrote:

> Doing that quality control could eat some (human) resources. Also as
> John says this could easily lead to an unintentioned favouritism.

Unintentioned favouritism is a cheap reason to avoid all innovation from
now on:

o. Let's start with our license: I think that picking the GPL license
   implies an unintentioned favouritism for GNU.

o. We should also not support ODF, because that implies an unintentioned
   favouritism for a company called Sun, and also for Novell!

Please feel the sarcasm.

If we are going to try to stop expressing any form of unintentioned
favouritism, we might as well just stop at all.

> The cons would outweight the benefits, I think we would get a lot of
> free problems from stuff like this.

Name one that any one of our technology decisions doesn't have,

My project creates opinions from people who prefer MAPI over IMAP, web
clients over normal E-mail, XMPP over SMTP, ...

Lot's of free problems.

Realism!

> I imagine fountains of FUD on
> every corner.

That's unavoidable for "anything" we do.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be