GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 5/7/07
- From: Glynn Foster <Glynn Foster Sun COM>
- To: foundation-announce gnome org, GNOME Foundation <foundation-list gnome org>
- Subject: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 5/7/07
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:10:56 +1200
GNOME Foundation Meeting Minutes :: 5th July 2007
Present: Anne, Glynn, Jeff (:20), Zana
Regrets: Bedhad, Dave, Vincent
1) Business Development Role
We have offered the candidate a position with the GNOME Foundation. Dave
has mailed him with a formal job offer, and associated salary offer. Jeff
has been trying to organize a time to talk through this with them.
ACTION: Zana to forward on a copy of a previous contract that we may
be able to use.
2) Foundation Board Agenda
All agreed that we should only have a few agenda items, and discuss
these through to fine detail with conclusions.
Among the possible items are -
- Time issues with the existing board members
- Business development role and fundraisy
- 6 month plan
- Merger of GUADEC and aKademy
- More involvement of membership
Jeff thinks it's a good idea to ask the Foundation membership for any
topics of conversation.
ACTION: Jeff to mail foundation-list to see if there are any suggestions
for board agenda items.
3) Advisory Board Agenda
Glynn mailed out details of the advisory board meeting at GUADEC. So far
we have one possible agenda item, GPLv3. Glynn suggested that further
agenda items could be generated from the position statements of the various
members. Quim commented that if there weren't other items, it might be
worthwhile discussing documentation.
4) Foundation Membership Meeting
Glynn plans to write a summary of the various action items that we've
done throughout the year, and to send out before the meeting. It would
be good at this stage to announce our new position.
ACTION: Glynn to write up a summary of the various action items and
send to foundation-list.
] [Thread Prev