Re: Proposal: Shift election cycle back six months

On 8/7/07, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> So here's the proposal: I'd like to suggest we shift the election cycle back
> six months, landing the process in May and June

Just to make sure we don't miss details. Most of the work the board
does has no time dependency. One exception is GUADEC and I agree it is
good to make use of this opportunity.

> (Note that
> the Board is unlikely to make a change like this without formally consulting
> our membership via a referendum.)

Also note that the current board hasn't discussed or pre-decided
anything about this. As Jeff says, we have got sporadic words about
this possibility but that's it. This discussion in foundation-list is
the only discussion about this topic and we will apply changes or not
based on it.