Re: GNOME.conf.au and sponsorship

On 10/12/06, Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au> wrote:
Sara,

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 01:11 +0200, Sara Khalatbari wrote:

> I am the one who has asked for sponsorship. Knowing that gnome.conf.au
> would be a miniconf to be held after linux.conf.au. I have already
> mailed seven-contact lca2007 linux org au and Jeff just before mailing
> Davyd.
>
> I submitted a proposal to linux.conf.au and they replied that it would
> be of more interest to gnome.conf.au.

Just to clear things up, you submitted a paper to linux.conf.au and it
was rejected, and you would still like the chance to present that paper
at GNOME.conf.au?

What was that paper?

Hi Davyd

Yes I submitted a paper to linux.conf.au. It was about my long experience with linux and gnome as an end user who has seen many different aspects of using gnome and linux.

Here's the replied I got, which I 100% agree with. As Ben said my talk would rather suit a gnome conf than a Linux one.

Sara