Re: GNOME.conf.au and sponsorship

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 09:28 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

> Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > It seems to me that sponsorship to this event should really be
> > handled by linux.conf.au, but I was wondering if the Foundation saw
> > any place for itself here.
>
> I tend to agree with you. We have helped bring people to conferences in
> the past, and are doing so at the moment for a Chilean conference, but
> in that case, it's paying for the flights of someone who will be
> presenting, which (if I understand correctly) isn't the case here.

I think she is interested in presenting. That was the impression I got
at least.

> I think the best thing is to let linux.conf.au see if they can help out.
> If you feel that the presence of this person will dramatically improve
> the gnome.conf.au experience, then write a short proposal (that is,
> include the name of the person, why they rock, and how much the ticket
> will cost) to board@ and we'll consider it.

Ok. I'll wait until Jeff is back in the world. He has more of an idea of
what's happening on both sides of the coin.

> > While we're on the topic of money. Last year we put together
> > t-shirts, which were highly successful and I'm hoping to do the same
> > again. I was thinking that it might be nice to give each person who
> > presents a complementry t-shirt. Unfortunately, to do this requires
> > funding. Does the Board think this is a good idea, and would
> > Foundation be able to fund such an initiative?
>
> This is something we'd be prepared to consider. We have set aside a
> budget for conference material and marketing for things like printing
> flyers and t-shirts, and we'll consider requests against that budget.
> Send us a proposal (cost per t-shirt, number of prints, total cost)
> today if possible, we'll consider it at tonight's board meeting.

I don't have anything harder than an idea so far. So I'm not going to be
able to get anything to you today. I was more hoping to gauge the
current situation with regard to funding and establish what
possibilities are available.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA