Re: GNOME.conf.au and sponsorship

Hi Davyd,

Davyd Madeley wrote:
> It seems to me that sponsorship to this event should really be
> handled by linux.conf.au, but I was wondering if the Foundation saw
> any place for itself here.

I tend to agree with you. We have helped bring people to conferences in
the past, and are doing so at the moment for a Chilean conference, but
in that case, it's paying for the flights of someone who will be
presenting, which (if I understand correctly) isn't the case here.

I think the best thing is to let linux.conf.au see if they can help out.
If you feel that the presence of this person will dramatically improve
the gnome.conf.au experience, then write a short proposal (that is,
include the name of the person, why they rock, and how much the ticket
will cost) to board@ and we'll consider it.

> While we're on the topic of money. Last year we put together
> t-shirts, which were highly successful and I'm hoping to do the same
> again. I was thinking that it might be nice to give each person who
> presents a complementry t-shirt. Unfortunately, to do this requires
> funding. Does the Board think this is a good idea, and would
> Foundation be able to fund such an initiative?

This is something we'd be prepared to consider. We have set aside a
budget for conference material and marketing for things like printing
flyers and t-shirts, and we'll consider requests against that budget.
Send us a proposal (cost per t-shirt, number of prints, total cost)
today if possible, we'll consider it at tonight's board meeting.

Cheers,
Dave.

Cheers,
Dave.