Re: Endorsement for Joachim Norieko

<quote who="Alan">

> > I'm a little concerned -- based on Joachim's answers and commments on
> > this list -- that there would be some difficult philosophical gaps for
> > the Board to bridge (or worse, teach) should he be elected.
>
> That seems to me an argument for removing some existing people who can't
> cope with variety and benefit from a wide variety of views, rather than
> for having a set of people who think the same way elected - variety is not
> just the spice of life it is the generator of imaginative solutions.

I would totally agree, if the philosophical gaps raised here were not core
to the mission of the GNOME Foundation and project. If you remember, during
the call for a reduction in the number of directors, I supported keeping
eleven directors for the very reasons you raise here. There is a difference
between variety and philosophical dissonance, and that is what I question
here.

Note that I haven't written an anal-retentive line-by-line deconstruction of
Joachim's comments. I'd far prefer to hear what Joachim has to say than see
his candidacy attacked unfairly.

- Jeff

    "It's not sufficient to 'use simple words to explain things'. Things
      must actually *be* simple, which is much harder." - Martin Pool