Re: Questions

Hi,

Robert Staudinger wrote:
> Oh, sorry. Please disregard my questions.
> I've been only following foundation-announce lately and must have
> missed the instructions about questions, so there were any.

Sorry - I didn't mean to snap at you.

Usually, there is an announcement to the list that questions for the
candidates are being collected, and along with a story on the GNOME news
website, the election committee picks the ten best questions à la
Slashdot for the candidates to answer.

Of course the membership can ask questions, but it is probably asking a
lot of the list membership and the candidates to answer every question
asked - that is why the "Questions for candidates" process started.

This year, there have been some issues with the election - and one of
the things missing was the request for questions for the candidates - if
I understand correctly, they were gathered on IRC at some period of some
day. That's actually a pretty poor way to do things, and I hope that the
process is dealt with a bit better next year.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary