Answer to questions to candidates from Anne =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=D8stergaard?=

Dear GNOME Foundation Members

In my candidacy announcement I already covered most of the answers
to the 12 important questions.

But feel free to ask me should this not be the case. Full statement at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2006-November/msg00016.html

This year was my first year as board member. I serve as vice chair.

You might ask yourself why you should re-elect a woman from a very small
country in the North of Europe to become a board member also for the
coming year 2007?

Who am I to think I am fit for election in this celebre "Tarzan and his
closest friends competition :-)"?

You might want to vote for me because I promise you that I will continue
to work hard for that board issues are handled in a right, and prober
way.

I will also work for that individual board members agree on a common
priority list of what needs urgent attendance. Having seven individual
priority lists does not work!

With my legal and political experience I can often predict the results
of a wrong, unclear or incomplete decision. Or even of no decision. The
right timing is of importanse too.

I try to put myself in your shoes, and look at how board actions are
dealt with through your eyes.

I can not represent all women (or other large under represented groups)
but at least I see things with a woman's eyes, heart and perspective,
and I am a long time sincere globalist. I enjoy working with persons
from many cultures, and of all ages.

I have tried hard to become a "geek-compatible type of woman". My son
and many of my best friends are dedicated geeks, and I don't want
anything to get "lost in translation":)

I want our precious software community to thrive and flourish because
this allows us all the peace, inspiration, and freedom we need to become
even more happy, creative, and successful.

The board should deal with, and point out important issues in time.
Which means that we as community together should prepare ourselves well
ahead of time.

Licenses, open standards, software patents, free competition, privacy,
and freedom of choice are issues I care deeply for. Along with access
to, and sharing of freedom, knowledge, and information.

Last but not least I care for our GNOME and Free Software communities,
and I want to see more women want to join The GNOME Foundation - even on
board level:).

 _GNOME is people, and diversity_!

Best wishes

Anne