Re: Code Of Conduct

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 19:39 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 20:15 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:

> > But then again, isn't the HIG read as a law and questioned in terms of
> > interpetations way too often, while its purpose is only to remind and
> > suggest known good behaviour?
>
> I think it's mostly used in the correct way. But it's normal for
> beginners to take time to understand how best to use it.

Getting off-topic here, but I think that's partly the fault of the HIG
too... it's really not a very approachable document; too big, too many
guidelines, not enough examples.  I'd /really/ like to start working on
a "HIG Lite" soon that takes a different (perhaps complementary, perhaps
alternative) approach, but we all know how copious spare time tends to
be.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group