Re: Asking more information to prospective members

Hi,

Baris Cicek wrote:
> Murray asked on membership-committee list if we should ask to
> prospective members these questions, which are optional to answer:
> gender, to track lack of female involvement;
> nationality, to track lack of Asian involvement;

I have no problems with these.

> And one more can be:
> public key, we can encrypt ballots in future.

But I think that requiring a PGP public key is setting the bar too high
technically for joining the foundation. Most existing members probably
don't have a public key. And public key encryption is non-trivial.

> And for nationality we can limit it just for regions instead of all
> nations as this thing gets too political when you include one or forget
> to include another.

That seems sane.

Cheers,
Dave.