Minutes of the Board meeting, 2006/Jun/07
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: foundation-list gnome org, foundation-announce gnome org
- Subject: Minutes of the Board meeting, 2006/Jun/07
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:02:10 -0500
GNOME Foundation Board Meeting, 2006/06/07
Quim (welcome, Quim!)
* Dave to request a contract from Quim for GUADEC: IN PROGRESS. Quim
is taking care of this.
* Dave to resurrect German contract from last year so that we can use
it for Axis Inform�ca. IN PROGRESS. Needs to go to the lawyer.
* Jeff to write a proposal for the technical project meeting: IN PROGRESS
* Federico to send a draft job announcement to board-list for the
executive director and the administrator: NOT DONE
* Federico to write an agenda for the next Advisory Board meeting, to
take place on May 31st. DONE, the meeting happened.
* JRB to send an update on what hardware has been bought for the event
box: IN PROGRESS.
* JRB to mail board-list about invoicing Intel (hard disk crash):
Quim to take this action.
* Quim to contact HP and Novell about sponsorship for GUADEC. DONE -
* Federico to mail Quim/Behdad/Germ�about replacing Luis. DONE
* Federico to send minutes from the Advisory Board meeting to
* JRB to post the contact info for the lawyer / accountant to
board-list and the wiki.
* Federico to make the announcement for the part-time administrator.
* Jeff to write a proposal for the subcommittees.
* Jeff to ensure that all the board members are in the marketing-private
and board-only lists.
* Dave to send draft agenda for the Advisory Board meeting, based on
* Anne to to take over contacts with GNOME's legal partners.
* Welcome Quim to the Board:
- Gave Quim a brief update on what the Board has been doing.
- Quim told us that he has been reading the board-list minutes
but not the archives.
* Figuring out how to execute all the pending actions, and not be
swamped in pending stuff all the time:
- NEW ACTION: JRB to post the contact info for the lawyer /
accountant to board-list and the wiki.
- We are going to need a presence in the USA no matter what,
for legal matters in the Foundation.
* Administrator hire / outsourcing:
- NEW ACTION: Federico to make the announcement for the
- We want to hire someone part-time immediately and will announce the
vacancy and ask Zana to submit a candidature.
* Increasing the board size:
- Idea about letting people into board-list and into the phone
calls, without them being board members. Then they can
volunteer to do some of the tasks that the board can't do
effectively (like someone in the USA to look for an
- NEW ACTION: Jeff to write a proposal for the subcommittees.
* Agendas for GUADEC:
- Let's send provisional agendas in advance.
- NEW ACTION: Dave to send draft agenda for the Advisory
Board meeting, based on Federico's paper.
] [Thread Prev