Isn't and Wasn't "Rules" [Was: Code Of Conduct]

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> I don't think anyone is arguing against being courteous; I'm certainly
> not. I just think we'd be better off focusing on actually making people
> more courteous, instead of writing rules about it.

I think most everyone else has got out of the "characterising it as rules"
thing already. It's pretty obvious that's not what Murray's suggesting, or
what we're (slowly, consensus-gridlock-ly) buying into.

I think a fun way to deal with this criticism ('cos it's valid and expected)
is to actually make it a Very GNOMEy Code of Conduct. Let's not beat around
the bush - first point: "Be Excellent to Each Other".

*guitar lick*

- Jeff

GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain
  "To do: Start up a a magazine dedicated to picky grammar. Call it 'Whom
                              Weekly'." - WzDD