Re: Code Of Conduct

On Wed, 31 May 2006 16:44:03 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

> GNOME is Free Software and part of the GNU project [...]

> If the above statement is indeed true, I wonder where any misrepresentations
> are, if they can be rectified and what can be done in general to improve
> the overall interpretation of what the GNOME project is.

If you read Planet GNOME and some of the mailing lists, you'll notice
that many developers use the term "Open Source" and call the operating
system "Linux", instead of GNU or GNU/Linux.  Some of them were even
excited when a popular non-free software was relicensed recently,
allowing easier installation by the users, but still remaining
non-free.

If the core developers and project participants do not value and stand
firm behind the ideals of the GNU Project and the Free Software
Movement, you cannot expect that these ideals will touch the hearts of
other people, particularly the "minority" groups in question.

--
JID: doganov jabber minus273 org