Re: Minutes of the Board meeting for 2006/01/18

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 15:29 +0100, David Neary wrote:
> The problem with such an approach is that the merchandise isn't
> quality-controlled, and often it's not of great quality. Also, it's
> pretty much take what you can get - diversifying products (things
> like
> documentation and CDs for example) isn't easy. Also, it's US only as
> delivery platform, and GNOME is worldwide. And of course, the site
> wouldn't be completely integrated into our website.

Just looking at things, with the paid account they do offer a completely
personalized site through the use of templates, You can do CD's and they
do ship worldwide. Although it seems like the shipping cost is around an
average of $4 USD higher for shipments outside of the USA. (Maybe there
is something similar to cafepress in Europe?) My wife has bought several
things from them and things have been of good quality. There wouldn't be
a contract or anything to lock us in with them, so we could switch to a
better solution when one became available.

Luke