Re: Minutes of the Board meeting for 2006/01/18

Hi Luke,

I have thought about it. We could do one with Zazzle too for similar terms.

The problem with such an approach is that the merchandise isn't quality-controlled, and often it's not of great quality. Also, it's pretty much take what you can get - diversifying products (things like documentation and CDs for example) isn't easy. Also, it's US only as a delivery platform, and GNOME is worldwide. And of course, the site wouldn't be completely integrated into our website.

The advantage is that it gives you a baseline for possible demand, and puts you in a better position to negociate with a bigger merchandiser a couple of years down the line. Or removes any illusions you had of having demand in the first place :)