Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Sep 28

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 09:34 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> On พฤ., 2005-09-29 at 17:43 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Le jeudi 29 septembre 2005 à 10:56 -0400, Daniel Veillard a écrit :
> > >   ACTION: Owen to add a section on things the foundation should do once it
> > >           has the money
> > >      - done it's on the foundation board page
> >
> > Is this private or public? :-) I can't find the page anywhere, but this
> > might be private (which is totally understandable).
> >

> Whatever happened to quoting a URL when referring to a web page? ;)

This is actually on the board-only section of the web page, so the URL
wouldn't have been that useful...

I'll append the one item on that page now (which was the inspiration
for adding the page) to this mail.

(Does it make sense to have that page in the board space. Not sure,
but in this case we were more making a note to ourself / future boards
than trying to really come up with a comprehensive of stuff to do with
money.)

Regards,
						Owen

* Pursue international registration of GNOME. Tim asked our lawyer about
this:

        Follow-up with lawyer on Trademark: Unlike U.S. law, the law of
        most foreign jurisdictions provides few or no rights based on
        use of a trademark. Instead, the first to register a trademark
        generally owns the trademark for the same or related goods, no
        matter who has used the mark in that jurisdiction. This puts a
        premium on filing applications overseas. There are two options,
        other than individual country registrations -

        -1- European Union Community Trade Mark (“CTM”) registration,
        includes Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark,
        Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland,
        Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands,
        Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the
        United Kingdom.

        -2- Madrid Protocol is now available to U.S. trademark owners
        and offers coordinated international trademark registrations
        administered by the World Intellectual Property Organization, a
        U.N. agency based in Geneva, Switzerland. It is possible to
        include 60 countries, but is a newer and more expensive
        process.

        There is no deadline for filing under these systems.

        The projected cost was in the $3000-$4500 range. (Some cost
        needed to start - for searches, etc; additional cost to actually
        file.)