Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Sep 28

     Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Sep 28

Attendance:
===========

   Owen Taylor (chairing)
   Tim Ney
   Daniel Veillard
   Jonathan Blandford
   Federico Mena-Quintero
   Murray Cumming
   Luis Villa
   Dave Neary

Regrets:
========

   Jody Goldberg
   Miguel de Icaza

Missing:
========

   Christian Schaller

Actions completed:
==================

  ACTION: Owen to add a section on things the foundation should do once it
          has the money
     - done it's on the foundation board page

  ACTION: Jonathan to post about election items we tend to forget or postpone
          from year to year
     - not needed, mostly reducing the board size, and this is being handled

  ACTION: Tim to send a mail to the advisory board about sponsoring
          travel for hackers to go to the Summit
     - done

Actions:
========

  ACTION: Dave to start looking for vendors to host the GNOME online shop
     - Ongoing

  ACTION: Dave to proceed to details stage of merchandizing agreement
     - Ongoing

  ACTION: Murray to take the task to find documentation authors and get it
          done
     - Federico is handling this again

  ACTION: Tim to go though the trademark registration check with the user
          groups so they submit the licence agreement
     - ongoing, should update the status in the group Wiki page

New Action:
===========

  ACTION: Murray to go over the trademark agreement page and fix the
          "dandling" links to the logo

  ACTION: Murray to provide a simpler english explanation of the
          trademark agreement meaning

  ACTION: Jonathan to investigate how to set up and encourage hacking
          sessions at the Summit

  ACTION: Owen check with the Election commitee for membership reminders

Agenda:
=======

 * Question on trademark agreement
   - we need a set of ready to use logos for the trademarks agreement
   - they are in the Wiki but we need to update the trademark agreement links
   - an english explanation of the legal wording of the trademark agreement
     would be nice

 * Sponsoring hackers to Summit
   - processing of the existing request

 * The format of the Summit
   - ligthning talks but otherwise no formal presentations
   - small 5-10 minutes presentations at the beginning of BOFs but otherwise
     open discussions
   - encourage hacking sessions

 * Elections
   - anything we need to do to make sure everything work smoothly ?
   - Vincent nearly finished anonymous voting so it looks fine
   - expiration of foundation membership reminders

 * Referendum about reducing board size
   - need around 25 persons to express interest in the referendum on the
     foundation-list and then the referendum will be held

 * next meeting Wed 12 October

Daniel