Re: Petition for referendum

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 16:17 +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:

> The Board, of course.

To themselves?  That isn't really delegation.

Phenomenon of shared guilt seems to suggest that the smaller, more
nimbler board will be better at self-assigning and accepting work than
the larger board.

The problem is not too much work for the board, by your own admission,
right?  The problem is an inability to assign work, but I'd call it
"stepping up to the plate", not delegating.

A smaller board will have greater traction and less meandering,
membership will require a greater commitment to work, and more will get
done.

Anyhow, right now I am only in favor of putting the referendum forward.
>From that, hopefully healthy debate (like this) will arise and we can
all make an informed vote.

	Robert Love