Re: Reducing the board size

Hey,

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 08:20 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I'm also in favour of reducing the board size to 7. It recognizes the
> reality of how we work. That way of working is very good for lots of
> other parts of GNOME, but the board is fundamentally meant to be
> decisive.

Me too. For the 2 years I sat on the board, I think having fewer people
would definitely have been a good thing. I can't count the number of
times we've all more or less agreed, but no one was willing to step in
and take responsibility for seeing it through. Reducing the numbers will
ultimately help that I believe.

I guess it all hinges on whether you think the board should be a fast or
slow moving entity. I personally think that 7 is more than enough, if
you have a good mixture of people representing the project, eager to be
there, sensible enough and willing to execute rather than continually
holding back.

Glynn