Re: Reducing the board size

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 09:01:38PM +0200, David Neary wrote:
> I'm in favour of reducing the board to 7 people. I would like to see us
> have a referendum on the issue next month.
>
> The board has huge problems being pro-active. Any issue which is
> slightly contentious has an opposition in a board of 11 people. It's
> inevitable. And when there is opposition, there are many voices, and
> when there are many voices, there is no resolution.

  My experience is rather that all board members are busy members of the
community, so getting people do do things is hard. If you get 7 persons
instead of 11 you reduce also the amount of available time from board
members. People running for the board will need more time upfront to
fullfill their board member requirements.

Daniel