Re: poor man's SWOT analysis of GUADEC

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 11:08 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Opportunities:
> > * no one else is really effectively reaching out to governments in
> > most of the world, talking specifically about free software desktops
> > as either a tool for them to use, or as a means of national economic
> > empowerment
> > * continue to see large deployments and corporate interest that we
> > should be able to leverage- sun, real, nokia, in successive years- who
> > will be next year's big news?
> > * lots of interest outside the first world- india, indonesia, etc.
> > * still large bodies of potential volunteers to reach out to, ISVs to
> > speak to, companies to fundraise from, etc., etc.
>
> Interest from others in building desktop conferences up (eg with OLS)

Alan do you mean OttawaLinuxSymposium?

I think desktop conferences are coming up soon both locally and
globally.

The interest is getting traction. In my opinion the momentum will soon
be recognised by both governments, businesses and organisations.

I think that we will see a desktop conference in Europe taking place
fairly soon.

Anne

--
Anne Østergaard <anne oestergaard nu>