Re: [Off Topic] Words to Avoid "Vendor" [was Re: Questions to answer]

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 06:48:31PM -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

> > Businesses require more than an email client and a web browser, they
> > require the highly vertical applications that enable them to carry
> > out their business. These may be as simple as inventory control or
> > as complex as an Australian law enabled, multi-client tax ledger.
> >
> > In the forseeable future, open-source developers are not going to
> > write these applications, because they do not have the expertise or
> > resources to develop applications of this magnitude. Thus, we need
> > to encourage traditional vendors onto our platform.
>
> Not at all! We need to encourage traditional vendors to become
> open-source developers.

This is step 2. This comes right after vendors have learnt about the
Freedom and started offering their product on the platform.

First we must walk, gain market share, become relevant and be
validated. Then we establish a new world order.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA