Re: Job offerings for GTK+/GNOME hackers

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 21:31 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Philip Van Hoof">
>
> > On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 10:31 +0200, Toni Willberg wrote:
> >
> > > My employer Movial Corporation has several open positions for GTK+ /
> > > GNOME hackers. The positions are located in Helsinki, Finland.
> >
> > Hi there Toni,
> >
> > While I'm glad there's companies doing free software development,
> >
> > I don't think the GNOME Foundation mailinglist is the correct place for
> > placing job ads.
> >
> > I propose asking the GNOME administrators or the people on this list to
> > create a gnome-jobs mailinglist for you, rather than misusing this
> > mailinglist.
>
> I suggested foundation-list to Toni, because we don't have an appropriate,
> existing list. I don't believe there would be the traffic or subscribers to
> warrant a gnome-jobs list. It would be great if there were a central place
> to post FOSS related jobs, but if one exists, it doesn't have my mindshare.

For GTK+ jobs, job postings are explicitely allowed on gtk-list (and not
allowed on the other GTK+ mailing lists). To quote
http://gtk.org/mailinglists.html

    Are job postings OK?

        Job postings are allowed on gtk-list and only on gtk-list. Other rules about job postings include:

        * Job postings must be directly related to GTK+. Job postings about general X Window System, Linux,
          or Unix jobs are not acceptable.
        * The subject line should clearly indicate that the mail is a job posting, and
          should indicate the locality when applicable.
        * Frequent reposting of the same job is not acceptable. While there is no
          hard-and-fast rule about this, osting the same job more than once every two months
          is likely too much.

Regards,
						Owen