Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Mar 9

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 22:40 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> >    - Tim to ask the lawyers about possible need for a disclaimer somewhere
> >      on planet.gnome.org.
>
> Do we need to talk to the lawyers for this? I have no problem putting a
> disclaimer on the site at all.

The background here was basically that the subject came up during
discussion, and we said "hmm, do we need something there?"

The discussion ended on "why don't we have Tim ask our pro-bono lawyers
next time he is talking to them about something else".

My personal opinion is, that, for planet:

 - A disclaimer at the bottom of the page will never be seen by anyone,
   so is just "make lawyers happy". But maybe there is some good
   reason to make lawyers happy.

 - A disclaimer at the top of the page is annoying noise, and I'd prefer
   not to have it.

Regards,
					Owen