Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Preliminary results

On 12/12/05, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> On 12/11/05, Žygimantas Beručka <uid0 akl lt> wrote:
> > Sk, 2005 12 11 22:48 +0200, Baris Cicek rašė:
> >
> > >   Luis Villa (119 votes) - Harvard Law School
> > >   Jeff Waugh (115 votes) - Canonical Ltd
> > >   Federico Mena-Quintero (106 votes) - Novell, Inc.
> > >   Jonathan Blandford (105 votes) - Red Hat
> > >   David Neary (102 votes) - Cegelec SA
> > >   Anne Østergaard (97 votes) - Easterbridge.dk
> > >   Vincent Untz (93 votes) - Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
> > >   Quim Gil (77 votes) - Interactors s.coop.
> > >   Behdad Esfahbod (66 votes) - Sharif FarsiWeb
> > >   Germán Poó Caamaño (59 votes) - Universidad del Bío-Bío
> > >   Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller (55 votes) - Fluendo S.L.
> > >   Bastien Nocera (46 votes) - Red Hat
> > >   Dominic Lachowicz (43 votes) - Teragram Corporation
> >
> > Ech.. I was expecting at least a bit of fresh blood this year,
> > unfortunately it didn't turned out this way. Too bad. :) However, it is
> > not the thing what disappointed me the most. What I'm really
> > disappointed with is that Vincent has got the least amount of votes from
> > all new board members and that Dom with the least votes of all.
>
> As I said in my candidacy statement, to a certain extent the board's
> primary focus should be stewardship, and I don't see a huge problem
> with getting our stewardship from our 'old blood.' This board's
> challenge, particularly as it has become smaller, will be to reach out
> to those who weren't elected and other leaders in the community and
> find other, non-board (aka, more useful ;) ways for them to be
> involved. I'd expect that all of these people will be involved in the
> board in some way, shape, or form by the end of next year; if they
> aren't, then would be the time to be disappointed.
>
> More personally, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me- I hope
> I'll be able to fulfill your expectations.

And even more importantly, I'd like to thank the elections team, who
did practically triple duty this year- dealing with a new voting
system, running the referendum, and then the election itself. The
election team members are definitely some of the unsung heroes of
GNOME. If you bump into them on the lists or in IRC, give them a big
virtual pat on the back.

Luis