Re: GPL'ed Patent Pool

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 15:40 -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> Over the years, there has been lots and lots of talk about
> patents and about how they might impact free software/
> open source, but there really hasn't been much done about it.
> So here's a proposal, a 'lets do something about it' thing.
> I think there's a way to defend against a patent attack.

Wouldn't the creation of a website like WikiPriorArt.Org help tackle
most of the problems created by software patents?

In that case, it's another proposal.

ps. Not that I believe we can solve all of the world-problems using just Wikies :-)

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org