Re: GPL'ed Patent Pool
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Rob Landley <rob landley net>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, foundation-list gnome org, Linas Vepstas <linas linas org>
- Subject: Re: GPL'ed Patent Pool
- Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:23:28 +0100
On Maw, 2004-09-14 at 00:39, Rob Landley wrote:
> such exercise..." It's like the IBM promise not to sue. This is not "you
> have the right to use this patent under these conditions", this is "we
> promise to look the other way".
There is no difference in this as far as I am aware, at leat not in UK
common law, and I believe US is the same but ask a lawyer
Talk to Mark about the rest.
] [Thread Prev