Re: Some slides and a paper from L.C.A. 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:52:40 -0500, "Daniel Veillard"
<veillard redhat com> said:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 01:26:04PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> > The GNU Project already has a policy about distinguishing between
> > GNU/Linux (the whole system) and Linux (the kernel).  We have had this
> > policy since before we started GNOME in 1997.  Please make this
> > distinction when you're working on GNOME, or speaking on behalf
> > of GNOME.
>
>    I will repeat that as a Board member during the last 3 terms,
> we never agreed with this proposal, which is Richard Stallman own
> view on the topic and wasn't so far the opinion of the Board members.
> Richard may present this as an "official" policy of the GNOME project,

Does he? I read "GNU Project" above, not "GNOME project". The only thing
I've seen in this discussion written by Richard is a polite request with
arguments and a clarification. And don't do as if this is only Richards
own view, that's simply not true.
But people, please stop this thread or make it constructive. This doesn't
help nobody. (This is not targeted at anybody in particular, I respect
the work of all participants of this discussion; we just can't agree on
everything it seems.)
I'll try to contribute by not responding to reactions, if they appear,
which aren't clearly constructive.

With kind regards,
Elros

  Elros Cyriatan
  89D0A011957D96020E7D1D16B37D496E440D660A