Re: Minutes of Board Meeting: 9 Feb 2004
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- To: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Minutes of Board Meeting: 9 Feb 2004
- Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 03:50:56 +1100
<quote who="Sven Herzberg, GNOME Deutschland">
> > ACTION: Jeff will pull together a web page of links to
> > as many of the local groups as he has information for.
> I wouldn't want only a special page for that. If Germans (Germans
> aren't known to understand English) visit www.gnome.org I would want to
> see a small footer of the page that looks like the one on www.debian.org
> but instead linking to a translation of that page, linking to some local
> pages. We would just need to have a spec that lists requirements to get
> listed there and we would need some small team that checks whether
> approved pages still meet these conditions (count me as a volunteer rof
I would love to do full translation of w.g.o, but we're kinda waiting on the
tools. Malcolm was working on a generalised XML translation thingy in
intltool, but I don't know what the status is.
> > ACTION: Leslie will create a press release discussing the
> > international involvement in GNOME from country-specific
> > teams.
> > - Jody to follow this up with Leslie. Some
> > progress has already been made.
> It would be great if this could go out within the next 2 weeks as we'd
> like to announce the new German association shortly after. Please
> (before posting publically, post it to some people to translsate this
> press release).
Definitely, we'll post to i18n-list and marketing-list first.
> > (f) GNOME shop
> Are there any ideas of what to sell exactly?
Yeah, mainly starting with the mainstays of tshirts and mugs, but there are
more bold ideas in there too. It needs a lot more discussion at the board
level though, because we need to make sure it's not a huge amount of work
for us internally, and that we can scale it, etc., etc.
> > (g) Replacement cvs.gnome.org machine
> Will this drop pserver based authentication for developers? I read
> lots of stuff about pserver and security and we should try to get our
> servers as secure as possible.
Eventually, yes, but not straight away.
GVADEC 2004: Kristiansand, Norway http://2004.guadec.org/
"Mr Hunt also admits he does not like the expression 'diddly squat',
though he will not be ruling it to be unparliamentary." - ABC News
] [Thread Prev