Re: Minutes of Board Meeting: 9 Feb 2004

<quote who="Sven Herzberg, GNOME Deutschland">

> > 	ACTION: Jeff will pull together a web page of links to
> > 		as many of the local groups as he has information for.
>
>   I wouldn't want only a special page for that. If Germans (Germans
> aren't known to understand English) visit www.gnome.org I would want to
> see a small footer of the page that looks like the one on www.debian.org
> but instead linking to a translation of that page, linking to some local
> pages. We would just need to have a spec that lists requirements to get
> listed there and we would need some small team that checks whether
> approved pages still meet these conditions (count me as a volunteer rof
> that).

I would love to do full translation of w.g.o, but we're kinda waiting on the
tools. Malcolm was working on a generalised XML translation thingy in
intltool, but I don't know what the status is.

> > 	ACTION: Leslie will create a press release discussing the
> > 		international involvement in GNOME from country-specific
> > 		teams.
> >
> > 			- Jody to follow this up with Leslie. Some
> > 			  progress has already been made.
>
>   It would be great if this could go out within the next 2 weeks as we'd
> like to announce the new German association shortly after. Please
> (before posting publically, post it to some people to translsate this
> press release).

Definitely, we'll post to i18n-list and marketing-list first.

> > 	(f) GNOME shop
>
>   Are there any ideas of what to sell exactly?

Yeah, mainly starting with the mainstays of tshirts and mugs, but there are
more bold ideas in there too. It needs a lot more discussion at the board
level though, because we need to make sure it's not a huge amount of work
for us internally, and that we can scale it, etc., etc.

> > 	(g) Replacement cvs.gnome.org machine
>
>   Will this drop pserver based authentication for developers? I read
> lots of stuff about pserver and security and we should try to get our
> servers as secure as possible.

Eventually, yes, but not straight away.

- Jeff

    "Mr Hunt also admits he does not like the expression 'diddly squat',
     though he will not be ruling it to be unparliamentary." - ABC News
                                   Online