Re: Who would like to host GUADEC in 2006

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 22:11 +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 00:05 +0100, Anne Østergaard wrote:
> > I was thinking of where GUADEC should have its conference in 2006.
>
> I'll likely propose sunny Portugal...

That sounds very nice and it is so near Extremadura, Europe's Free
Software super region- and I have never been to Portugal.

Are you a very big group because it takes at least 10 committed persons
to handle the local preparations.

I can tell you that the planning takes about 9 months.

I usually say that when you have handled a GUADEC (or a similar big
conference) and had a baby - I think you are able to handle most
situations in life.

But is is fun a you get to meet and know some very fine persons.

GNOME greetings

Anne

--
Anne Østergaard <anne oestergaard nu>