Minutes from Board Meeting: 19 May 2004 ======================================= Present: Glynn (chair) Louis Malcolm (minutes) Dave Tim Bill Owen Jonathan Jody Regrets: Leslie Absent: Jeff Nat Action items: ------------- ACTION: Dave to turn the roadmap into a document suitable for putting on the web. ACTION: Malcolm to email David Schleef regarding gstreamer.net ownership and recommend he posts his requirements to gnome-sysadming list. ACTION: Tim to ensure that relevant GUADEC information gets posted to his weblog feed. Old business: ------------- (a) Call for GUADEC 2005 sites: - Interest has been expressed from three sites so far. So that we can begin making an initial evaluation during GUADEC 2004, we will request the proposals are due in by Friday June 15. (b) Discussion of commercial agreements: - Apropos of the recent agreement with Hackerthreads for manufacturing GNOME shirts, there was a discussion about how much of each agreement it was appropriate to make public. The general feeling of the discussion that as much transparency as possible was important, although at times it was necessary to preserve some commercial confientiality. - For the particular agreement under discussion, a summary of the income would be in the annual financial report. Details of the agreement will be made available to Foundation members upon request. (c) Acting as fiscal agent for the GIMP. - The board is agreeable to do this on a trial basis at least through to GUADEC. We will invite a representative from the GIMP to talk to the board about ongoing arrangements and any concerns that both parties may have. (d) Credit card merchant - Tim reports that we are currently waiting for our merchant account to be processed. (e) Roadmap - Dave has incorporated the recent round of feedback from the mailing list discussions. - It was felt that the document was now in a state where we should make it available and update it to ensure relevance to the ongoing GNOME releases. New business: ------------- (a) gstreamer.net administrative DNS contact - The board received a request for somebody within GNOME to be the administrative contact for gstreamer.net. It was felt that it would not be inappropriate for a gnome.org email address to be used for this purpose. The details should be discussed on the gnome-sysadmin list. (b) Communicating about GUADEC - With GUADEC only a few weeks away, Glynn wanted to ensure that it was being promoted widely and enthusiastically enough. - Tim reported that more details were being finalised all the time and that he would put the news up in his blog feed(s) so that they get wide distribution (on Planet GNOME, etc). (c) GUADEC funding - The precise amount of funding available is still not known because of pending corporate sponsorships. Tim is trying to finalise this. (d) gnome.de ownership - As a corollary to the discussion about gstreamer.net, the gnome.de domain ownership was brought up again. It was decided that there was nothing we could do about this directly, except to raise it again once GNOME-Deutschland is up and running.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part