Re: Minutes from Board meeting on May 19

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 02:25:43PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
>         ACTION: Malcolm to email David Schleef regarding gstreamer.net
>         ownership and recommend he posts his requirements to
>         gnome-sysadming list.

> New business:
> -------------
>         (a) gstreamer.net administrative DNS contact
>                 - The board received a request for somebody within GNOME
>                   to be the administrative contact for gstreamer.net. It
>                   was felt that it would not be inappropriate for a
>                   gnome.org email address to be used for this purpose.
>                   The details should be discussed on the gnome-sysadmin
>                   list.

The GStreamer developers are simply looking for an organization
that will hold ownership of gstreamer.net, since we don't have
our own organization, and one of the agreements I made with the
previous owner was that I would not keep it in my own hands.

I think it's wise to keep ownership, admin, and DNS all managed
by the same organization.  The maintenence needs should be minimal,
once things have been set up.  I'm not sure what information the
admin team wants.

dave...