Re: Copyright assignment

On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 20:33 -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> The document is a contract in which you grant permission to Novell to
> reuse your creation (you own the copyright to it) to be distributed
> under any terms that Novell wishes to in addition to the GPL version.
>
> The details are on the contract.

Which quite clearly contradicts your words:

   1.(a) Developer hereby agrees to assign and does hereby assign to
         Ximian, its successors and assigns, Developer's copyright in
         changes and/or enhancements to the program Ximian Evolution
         (herein called the "Program") throughout the world, including
         any accompanying documentation files and supporting files as
         well as the actual program code for the full duration of all
         such rights, and any renewals or extensions thereof. These
         changes and/or enhancements are herein called the "Works." This
         assignment applies to all past and future Works of Developer
         that constitute changes and enhancements to the Program.

I advise all to read the document, don't believe or discredit my words
based on who criticizes me and no matter how much respect you have for
them.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?