Re: Evolution copyright assignment: Storm in a teacup

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:51:06, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
Hi,

> I've said it more than once. It's immoral to pretend to be a Free
> Software project just to be able to take Free Software code into
> proprietary software.

You presume too much.  The evolution hackers aren't pretending to be a
free software project, they are.  Their main goal is not to take free
software into proprietary software, their goal seems to be to make the
best free software mailing client available.  You attribute goals to
them without knowing the first thing about their goals (and neither do
I, but that's another matter).

You probably missed this isn't about the evo hackers, it's about venture capitalists.

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net - http://chbm.net/ 0x1FC57F0A FP:0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A