Re: Bounties on www.gnome.org [Was: Bounty hunt, round 2.]

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:04:24AM -0700, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Owen Taylor">
>
> > I personally think its fine to have a set of bounties sponsored by Novell
> > on gnome.org
>
> I no longer feel that the bounties are relevant for www.gnome.org. During
> the first round, we were testing the idea for the community, sponsored by
> Novell, but we now see them as 100% Novell driven, with GNOME Foundation
> assistance (by disbursing funds), then I think we need to draw a very clear
> line: This content is not relevant for the GNOME community website.

I think if the GNOME Foundation will continue to disburse the bounty
funds, the Foundation should be given an adminstrative fee by Novell
for such disbursement.  I'm sure we are taking valuable time away from
Tim or Leslie which could be better spent pursuing the Foundation's
primary goals.

Eric Baudais
--
They give you illusion that has the appearance of truth.  I give you
truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.