Re: Copyright assignment

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 18:09 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Llu, 2004-08-02 at 18:18, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > Not true. Companies can't forbid what an Evolution developer does with
> > his free time unless what they develop might interfere with an Anti-
>
> In some countries they certainly can.

I have a hard time believing that there are "civilized" countries where
such power would be limitless like that, but then, the only free-world
out there is out of this world :|

> I don't see it as a big problem for two reasons
>
> 1. Providing the Evolution name is not locked away in a fashion we
> cannot keep using it the gnome userbase can always fork evolution
>
> 2. Old evolution code clearly contains pieces of things like gweather
> that do not appear to have ever been assigned to anyone.

Those portions could be cut out, I guess they're not very important.
However, the problem is that it seems to me that almost all of the core
programmers are employed by Novell.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?