Re: Copyright assignment

On Llu, 2004-08-02 at 18:18, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> Not true. Companies can't forbid what an Evolution developer does with
> his free time unless what they develop might interfere with an Anti-

In some countries they certainly can. Also certain rights cannot be
assigned in some nations so it isnt clear the assignment is valid for
them. Even in the UK the assignment legality isn't clear.

I don't see it as a big problem for two reasons

1. Providing the Evolution name is not locked away in a fashion we
cannot keep using it the gnome userbase can always fork evolution

2. Old evolution code clearly contains pieces of things like gweather
that do not appear to have ever been assigned to anyone.

Alan