RE: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimity! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 11:24, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> So members of the community are accountable to the other members of the
> community?

Yes, and not only to those who are nominal members.

>  By the same analogy U.S. voters are accountable to other U.S.
> voters and their votes should be public. It's an unusual opinion.

Please, do not pretend you do not see the difference.

There are a few reasons why someone would want to keep his choice
secret:

1) Might have to vote against your close friend, your own boss,
prospective representative of your company.

2) Not to be ashamed to vote for your boss, prospective representative
from your company, and for your boss/representative not to be ashamed
that he/she won because of the block vote.

What is more important for your, (1) or (2)?  I doubt (2) is an answer
you will get, but ... . OK I'll stop here -- no more insinuations.

 Sergey Panov