RE: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimity! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 08:44, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
>  But as a voter I am accountable to nobody,

This is probably the main issue. I agree that if you aren't accountable
to anybody, nobody would need to see your vote.

But I believe that as members of the Gnome Community we are
responsibility to carry it forward. I believe that this makes us
accountable to the community for our actions with respect to that
community. Voting is one of these actions.

> so nobody needs to see
> my vote.

Andreas

PS:
> You might not agree with commonly-used democratic systems, but this isn't
> really the place for uninformed musings about political science

You can't really know how `informed' my musings are.

--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow taliesin ca>
Taliesin