Re: Some (random) comments about the bounties

On 2003.11.25 02:05, Liam Quin wrote:
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 01:21:38PM +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> For example, I saw this question on gnomedesktop.org: "can people
> outside the US receive bounties too?". Someone (anonymous...) answered
> yes. Yet, I don't know if it's ok in France to give some money to
> someone like this: there are laws regulating donations.

Another approach might be to offer equipment -- a lot of hackers will
be motivated by a new laptop or a hard drive, even more than money.
Such things are even harder to share though.

Also, moving stuff and money from US to EU (and vice-versa) can be quite a pain nowadays and involve X money. That's probably true for other parts of the world too so it might need to be taken into account.

cheers

--
Carlos Morgado - http://chbm.net/  gpgkey: 0x1FC57F0A
FP: 0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A