Re: Web guidelines for use of GNOME Trademark

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 20:38, Carlos Morgado wrote:

> The disclaim of IP violations a
> priori might even be consider bad faith.

> Also, under such a strict agreement I at least expect a note of
> responsibility over the foundation's IP claims on licensed material. Not that
> I'd underwrite to such an agreement anyway ;)

This is a case of Trademark, which is an artificial right which has
granted the GNOME Foundation certain dispositions about the registered
mark in cause.

Please stop here, right now. There is no "IP". You are falling in a
bottomless pit where you don't know what you're talking about and add
confusion to everyone else if you keep mixing things that don't exist
with clear scope restricted laws.

> > liable for anyone who we give permission to use the trademark for a
> > benign purpose and then violate a local law and held us responsible!
> > I think this limitation of warranty clause is one of the few good
> > parts.

IANAL but I'm also from Portugal. As far as I can tell, though, you're
required a two year warranty in purchased general goods.

How does that requirement fit with trademark?

Hugs, Rui

+ So let's do it...?