Re: Web guidelines for use of GNOME Trademark

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:24:39, Tim Ney wrote:

4.	CONDITIONS OF USE

A 1.	Licensee agrees to maintain the quality of GNOME Products and
Services at a level that meets or exceeds industry standards and that is
at least commensurate with the general level of quality of comparable
goods and services provided by Licensor.  Upon provision of reasonable

I think we need a comittee. No! Two! We need Quality Task Force too.

notice and during normal business hours, Licensee shall permit Licensor
or any representative duly authorized by Licensor access to Licensee's
premises to inspect the quality of Licensee's GNOME Products and

No. Are you on crack ? No, really.

5.	GOVERNING LAW:

This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California

No. I am an EU citizen. I don't recognize the authority of an USA court.

VI.	NOTICE:

Any written notice provided by any party in relation to this Agreement
shall be considered valid if sent by U.S. Mail or certified mail, or by
Federal Express, DHL or other reliable overnight courier service, to the
recipient at the address specified above.

I have to pay overnight delivery to contribute to the GNOME project ?

IX.	REPRESENTATIONS AND INDEMNIFICATION

1.	General Representations.  Each party hereby represents and
warrants
for itself that it is a corporation duly organized, validly existing and

So, not-corporations can't use the logo ?

X.	DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES

	THE LICENSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE GNOME LOGO, INCLUDING
VALIDITY OF THE LICENSOR'S RIGHTS IN ANY COUNTRY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS
ALL WARRANTIES THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY LAW, INCLUDING

AHAHAHHAHA. good one! that was funny.

WARRANTIES AGAINST VIOLATION OR INFRINGEMENT OF TRADEMARK, LITERARY, OR
PERSONAL RIGHTS, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.

OHHHHHH. This was funny too! Not only you say if I get sued by a 3rd party I'm on my own but you TRY to disclaim your civil and criminal responsabilities too!

I'll stop reading this crap now. And if something like this comes into existence I'm fairly sure Balsa won't be the only project becoming a "NotGnome Project".

I can't believe GNOME has come to this level of stupidity.

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net - http://chbm.net/ 0x1FC57F0A FP:0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A