Re: RealMedia used for GUADEC live transmissions?

I wrote

    > Turning to the future, we should look at handling this next year.  At
    > the FSF we have experience webcasting and releasing recordings in formats
    > that are supported by free software.  Can we arrange to get involved
    > next year and make sure this is done right?

and you responded

    Anyone can get involved in GUADEC.  You need to submit a proposal to
    provide webcasting and recordings of the conference and speakers.

I asked if we could help with a organizing on aspect of the recording
webcasting; you responded by inviting us to manage the whole job.  You
didn't say yes or no to what I proposed.

To actually perform the recording and webcasting would require a team
on site.  We might be able to organize one, but it would be a lot of
work.  We can consider undertaking to do this job for GUADEC, but we
would have to negotiate a deal about it.

In the mean time, I hope that the smaller proposal that I made will be
considered.  That is something we are in a position to do
straightforwardly.