Re: RealMedia used for GUADEC live transmissions?

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:41:06AM +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 18:19, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > > Put me down for this year's list then, even if _after_ the event, I can
> > > still convert to Ogg/Theora if you send me a tape...
> > Or you could get Real Player, download the images, decode them, and
> > publish them, instead of demanding that people put even more work.
> > Lead with the example.
>
> Hello,
>
> I have no intention of leading anyone. Specially not by 'telling' them
> it's fine and dandy to use non-free software.

If you intend not to "lead", then "follow" and stop complaining.  Nobody is
telling anyone anything, only you are.  The biggest danger to free software
is people not willing to do anything about a problem but just complain and
generally irritate people.  What you are doing is 'telling' people that they
should just not bother with free software because it's full of never
satisfied people.

> And how can I be sure that by running it I'm not having some mischief
> secretly installed?

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not watching you.
BTW, isn't your BIOS also proprietary?  And oh my god, is the firmware in
your cell phone completely free as well?  How do you know "they" are not
listening in.  Oh wait ... they are ...

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   The great masses of the people ... will more easily